Civil Asset Management Engineer
Situated 6km from the Sydney CBD with 36km of Parramatta River foreshore, the City of Canada Bay is home to over 90,000 residents across 20 sq km and supports a thriving business and commercial sector. With a forecasted population of 115,000 by 2030 achieved through a number of urban renewal precincts at Rhodes, North Strathfield, Concord West and Parramatta Road.
Civil Assets Management Engineer
Permanent Full Time – Nine day fortnight option
$89,766 to $103,230 per annum + Super
Lease back vehicle option
Council currently has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Asset Management Engineer within the Roads & Traffic Department to coordinate the update of Council’s civil infrastructure asset registers on the corporate systems, especially with regard to condition data.
The role would be responsible for reviewing and updating Council’s Asset Management Plans for civil assets.
Responsibilities will include managing contractors and day labour staff and ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with the design, meeting the objectives of safety, environmental protection, financial constraints and timeliness.
As the Civil Assets Management Engineer you will be responsible for (but is not limited to):
- Utilising Council’s corporate systems to model different management scenarios, with a view to determining the best value for money approach.
- Managing Capital & renewal budgets for civil infrastructure assets including Federal and State government sponsored grants & reporting.
- Preparing project briefs for projects included in the Council’s Capital Works Program for civil assets.
- Investigating complex requests and matters relating to the maintenance of civil infrastructure and provide feedback to the customer.
- Developing service level specifications for civil infrastructure, including road pavements, kerb and gutter, footpaths, cycleways, and other roadside furniture.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or related field, and extensive equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Completion of the Professional Certificate in Asset Management Planning or equivalent qualification.
- Extensive knowledge in the development of asset management strategies and the identification of appropriate treatment solutions.
- Comprehensive experience in the use of specialised software such as, databases, CAD applications, computer mapping applications and project management applications
- A valid Driver’s license and White Card.
It is essential that you possess high level written and verbal (English) communications skills, including correspondence and report writing and superior interpersonal skills, including negotiation, conflict resolution skills and the ability to work cooperatively within a team.
Closing Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 11:30 pm
For further information please see attached position description or contact Mohamed Aliyar, Coordinator Infrastructure Planning on 9911 6366
“Formal offers of employment is subject to standard Council pre-employment checks including medical and other background checks”